Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Salmon & Spicy Baby Bok Choy


I'm not completely sure why I got obsessed with baby bok choy.. maybe its the adorable shape it has and it's bright green leaves. All I hear in my head is that theme song from chili's " I want my baby bok baby bok baby bok". Either way this dish was goooood, I baked the salmon and steamed the baby bok and it was both filling and flavorful.

Ingredients:

salmon
salt & pepper
olive oil
baby bok choy
red pepper fakes
1/2 tsp garlic
honey

For the salmon all you need to do is heat up the oven to 350.. sprinkle your salmon with salt and pepper and baste with olive oil. Spray the foil with non stick and make it into a bowl so the salmon can lay inside and you can fold it over. Then just drizzle some honey on top of the fillet to give it a sweet bite. Pop it in the oven for 20min and then open up the foil so you can see salmon and turn on the broiler for 5min.
Now the spicy baby bok... Let me give you a secret weapon of mine, meet the ziploc steamer bag!
This item is a lifesaver.. I don't really know how to steam veggies and this does it all for you! So I cut off the leaves and placed them in a bag and 2 min later deliciousness. Once you get them steamed, heat up a skillet with some olive oil and sprinkle red pepper flakes to your liking. Toss the steamed baby bok  in this until all leaves are covered.
Plate and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Look how easy you made steaming baby bok choy! We're going to put this on our Facebook page and link here so people can see how you did it. If you wish, come LIKE us on Facebook for more recipes and tips on Asian green vegetables like baby bok choy, gai lan, dau miu, yu choy, etc. https://www.facebook.com/Jade.Asian.Greens

    --Your friendly farmers at Jade Asian Greens
    https://www.facebook.com/Jade.Asian.Greens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Those steamer bags have really made steaming veggies so easy :)

    ReplyDelete