Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jammin' Cherry Chia Jam



Chia seeds... one of the most interesting things I have come across, it absorbs when in liquid to about 10x it's size. I bought a whole bag of these babies last month and have been putting them in smoothies and food in general. They are tasteless so it won't affect the flavoring in what you decide to put them in.    They are considered a superfood, they have protein, fiber, and help aid in weight loss by blocking some unwanted calories from being absorbed by the body.
Anyways...I wanted to use them in a jam. I saw some ideas floating around on the internet and decided to give it a go. Cherry chia jam was born.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp chia seed
1/2 tbsp water
1 cup cherries

The cherries I used were frozen and worked just fine. I thawed them first and then placed them in the food processor, added the water and pulsed. If you like your jam a little sweeter you might want to add a pinch of sugar. I scooped it all out and then added the chia seeds and stirred until combined. Place it in the fridge for at least an hour or so and then it's ready to eat.. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment